Friday 11 July 2008

3 Men and 2 Horses prepare

It is the night before our departure for Dale, can I really be bothered to do this I ask myself? Richard , Nick and myself have had a very jolly evening before our ridiculously early start tomorrow morning. A nice few glasses of Pitray and a nice snatch at a 1982 Port from Eira Velha, an unusual year for a vintage port. We all went out to bid goodnight to Thatch, Richard's horse who has now arrived here and who looks quizically at Spot, my son's small horse that may have to come into the story later. They have similarities but the mighty Thatch is somewhat more magisterial!!! Very fitting for its owner, who really is a magistrate. Mr Stitch, my horse, looking rather surprised that he is actually in a stable this evening and wondering why. WE are off this very day and lets hope we get there in one piece. Evelyn

2 comments:

Rose Webb-Carter said...

Er..."my sons horse?!"

Clive said...

Hope you have had a good first two days. Looking to hear how it all went. Hope you had the white table cloth out for lunch. Spot, who I share with my SISTER, much enjoyed having her friends to stay and can't wait to join in too.